Thursday, November 12, 2015

Ferris Wheel 10247

I recently purchased to LEGO Creator Expert Ferris Wheel 10247 from LEGO S@H during their October Double VIP points promotion. The set was back-ordered, but it arrived a few days ago and I couldn't wait to build it. First off the box itself is massive. You can tell its size by looking at the green base plates at the bottom of the picture.


At 2464 pieces, it is the biggest LEGO set I have ever owned. Once dumped out, the pile of pieces was simply massive.



I quickly got to work building and was finished with the first set of bags in no time!


The set occupies a 48 x 48 stud footprint, so it is easy to fit into the rest of the city. Pretty soon, I had completed the support towers.



The actual wheel was my least favorite part of the built due to its repetition. However, I powered through and finished it.


Look in the coming weeks for a completed version that is placed in my LEGO city!