Wednesday, November 30, 2011

LEGO® Flat Bed Truck



As you may notice, this flatbed truck looks a lot like a CITY set from a few years ago. The chasis and cab are no different from 7991 Recycle Truck, shown below. Althought somewhat of a crude model, this is one of my favorite LEGO CITY sets ever released. Orange is my favorite color, so this model really stood out. I cam in possession of two Recycle trucks and arrived at the conclusion that I should redesign one of them into something different. No sooner had I arrived with my design for my new Flat Bed Truck, then The LEGO Group comes out with their own version, 60017, which is not currently in my possession. 7991 Recycle Truck is older, so some of the stickers are starting to peel. Other than that, my new Flat Bed Truck turned out very well when compared to the new 60017.


 

 


I stared my simply removing the entire  recycling compartment from the original model.
 


 
Next, I added my own flat bed made out of pieces from the original recycling compartment.




As seen below, the new model works great for carrying small CITY cars and other equiptment. It can smoothly slide down to allow the cargo to be loaded. The axels allow for a seamless integration of new and old models.