Saturday, March 26, 2011

LEGO® City House Set Review

         In my first set review, I will review the #8403 City House. The list price for the set is $39.99 U.S. dollars. For the most part, it is a great set with very few bad things. The fact that it comes with a small minifigure is a plus, since they are so rare. The small architectual details are also fun. The set comes with a small grill, lawn chair, (a very clever design), and a tree house. The tree house also includes a small telescope, also very rare. From the front, the house looks very realistic. The only down side that I could find with the house, is that there is no back wall on any of the stories.Since I like to build more realistic buildings, this did not suit me very well. I would not have been interested in this set because of that feature. Although, when I saw the set at a store, it was at such a low price that I just couldn't pass it up. Since the house didn't have any back, I turned it into a two story bungalow (with a back, although part of the roof is missing since I haven't quite finished it yet). There will be pictures of my house and the factory version posted at a later date. Sorry for the inconvenience!